So how do you find a therapist who would be right for you? Here are some things you might like to think about in deciding whom to approach:
- Is the gender of your therapist important to you?
- Are you looking for someone with knowledge and experience of a particular problem?
- How much can you afford to pay?
Once you know what you are looking for in your ideal therapist, work your way through the Register making a note of people who meet your criteria.Then follow the links in the Register to each of these therapists’ websites to find out more about them and get a feel for what they might be like to work with.
Choose one with whom you think you would feel comfortable and send an email enquiry (or ask for an initial live session if these are offered). Some of our therapists offer a free initial email or live session, which provides the opportunity for you to find out more about their experience and qualifications, how they work as a therapist, and also how they respond to what you say.
- Do you find them easy to understand?
- Do you feel they would offer adequate support?
- Do you seem to be on the same wavelength?
If you’re not entirely comfortable with the first try someone else. We have plenty of people for you to choose from, so go ahead, use the search form and get a list of therapist.
Use the options below to filter the list or leave blank and click SEARCH to show all therapist